As our skin ages, it loses its suppleness and elasticity, which can lead to the forming of wrinkles, fine lines, and hollow areas on the face. At Flores Plastic Surgery, we are committed to helping you combat the visible signs of age and restoring a more youthful appearance. We offer PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) injection therapy with micro-needling for our patients who are interested in improving the tone and texture of their skin, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and treating loose or lax skin. This unique combination therapy can be performed on many parts of the body, including the arms, chest, face, and hands. Learn more about the benefits of PRP injection with micro-needling offered at Flores Plastic Surgery in Miami. Contact us today to schedule your consultation with one of our aesthetic experts!
What is PRP therapy?
PRP injection therapy is autologous, meaning it comes from the patient’s body. This treatment that uses the patient’s own blood to create a plasma with concentrated levels of platelets. The platelets have healing and regenerative properties that help repair and revitalize damaged tissues and cells and they help stimulate circulation for an increase of oxygen and nutrients to the treated area.
Why should I consider PRP therapy?
- PRP therapy is an autologous treatment, which means there is little to no chance of adverse reaction
- PRP therapy encourages the body to produce more skin support structures, like collage and elastin
- PRP therapy stimulates circulation in the treated area and brings important nutrients to the damaged cellular structures
- PRP therapy repairs damaged cellular structures and tissues, which improves the quality of the skin at a cellular level
What is micro-needling?
Micro-needling uses an automated, handheld device that is comprised of several fine needles to create small punctures, or microchannels, in the surface layers of the skin. These microchannels trigger the body’s natural healing response and the body begins to produce more skin support structures, like elastin and collagen, to heal these fine punctures. The microchannels created by micro-needling also enhance the effects of topical skincare products as they help the products penetrate the skin at a deeper level and aid in absorption.
Skin benefits of micro-needling
- Helps to tighten loose skin for a younger-looking appearance
- Reduces pore size for a flawless complexion
- Improves the appearance of acne scars
- Helps correct uneven skin tone and texture
- Improves the overall health and quality of your skin
Benefits of PRP and micro-needling
These rejuvenating treatments can be used in combination for enhanced skin revitalizing results. First, we’ll perform the micro-needling treatment to create the micro-channels and trigger the body’s healing response, and then we’ll topically apply the PRP to the treatment area. The micro-channels will allow better penetration and absorption of the PRP which will optimize the results of both treatments. The result is a refreshed, more vibrant, younger-looking appearance.
If you’re looking to refresh and rejuvenate your appearance with a non-surgical treatment, PRP with micro-needling may be the right choice for you. Contact Flores Plastic Surgery in Miami today for further information!